HOME › ARTICLES
20 Ways to Save Money
Published: January 4, 2017 | by Miles H.
If you want to start saving money, focus on the big things. Scraping pennies isn’t going to buy you your next house or car or fund your retirement. Focusing on the big things is key, but don’t forget about the small either. Here are 20 small ways that can save you money:
- Bring lunch to work.
- Sign up for free customer rewards programs - normally through apps.
- Make gifts and cards instead of buying them.
- Make a list before you go shopping - and stick to it.
- Invite friends and family over instead of going out.
- Buy clothing that can be used in all seasons.
- Quit smoking.
- Replace lights with LEDs.
- Buy appliances that are quality and top of the line.
- Cut up your credit cards.
- Cancel unused or useless memberships.
- Buy generic products instead of brand name products.
- Don’t go to the mall.
- Rent out unused space in your home.
- Pay off loans as soon as possible.
- Buy cleaning supplies in bulk.
- Negotiate overpriced fees.
- Save your change and put in a jar.
- Calculate prices in hours worked.
- Stick to water at restaurants.